- When you are ready to begin cutting the fringe, place yourself in front of a mirror and use the chalk to draw a line across the front of your shirt at the point where you want it to begin.
- Be aware that depending on how high you cut the fringe, you can wind up exposing your tummy.
- This is something to keep in mind.
- This style is preferred by some individuals, while others want to have their fringe begin somewhere closer to the waist of their pants or shorts.
How do you keep raw edges from fraying?
Put some nail paint on your nails! It is also effective on the edges of the cloth, where it prevents the fabric from fraying by covering the raw edges. Choose a nail polish that is transparent, or try to match the shade to the color of your cloth. Put a very thin line all the way down the very rim of the material.
What do you do if your flannel is too long?
- There are a few different methods that may be used to reduce the size of a flannel shirt, regardless of whether it is an oversized, well-loved vintage shirt or one that you recently purchased from a thrift store.
- You may try bringing a large pot of water to a boil, soaking the garment for five minutes, and then drying it in the dryer thereafter.
- You may also use the hottest setting on your washing machine to do this.